Most Recent Radio Show

Thursday, April 5, 2018

Welcome Zach Pursell to the Willowpine Outdoors Prostaff!


We're excited to announce Zach Pursell of Owen County, IN has joined the Willowpine Outdoors Prostaff! 


Name: Zach Pursell
Location: Spencer, IN
Favorite Critter to Hunt: Anything in Season! Especially Deer and Turkey
Favorite Fish to Catch: Catfish and Crappie

What is your favorite thing about hunting or fishing?

My favorite thing about hunting and fishing is the 
connection we build with God’s country, it’s an amazing 
thing in the midst of a crazy world we live in today. I 
love to be able to participate in the harvesting of 
animals to help in population control and conservation.  

What was your best day in the field hunting or fishing?

My best day in the field would be when I harvested my first deer. When I was 15 years old I spent all summer working several jobs and saving money to be able to buy all my own hunting equipment. No one in my family goes hunting or fishing, so it was on me and only me to learn how. That aspect made it especially hard for a teenager to be successful. I had many failed attempts before my first deer. I decided I was never going to give up, and when it finally happened, it made my first one so much more special. 

Tell us about how you started in the outdoors, and why do you maintain the lifestyle... 


My interest in hunting started over at my neighbor’s house as a kid. He had a bunch of nice bucks on the wall, and he even showed me some self-shot footage from some of his hunts. We would sit at talk about his time in the woods hunting, he’d light up when he talked about his experiences. Seeing his reaction just from talking about hunting made me want to try it. He became a big part of my hunting career as I killed my first deer on his property. It was a hard earned task, he made me earn it, and most importantly he taught me to respect the woods.

I maintain the lifestyle because it has become my way of life, and I wouldn’t change it for anything. I’m honored to help with population control and all of the added benefits of hunting. It pleases me very much to be able to provide for my family in the most natural way. 

Connect with Zach on Facebook!

Also check out the Willowpine Outdoors & Tackle Co. Facebook page for updates from Zach and other WPO prostaff members! 


Willowpine Outdoors & Tackle Company is excited to welcome Zach Pursell to the team!  We wish him many successes in the field and on the water!

If you love hunting and fishing as much as we do, and have an interest in being part of a fast growing company committed to outdoor sports, take a minute to fill out an application to join our prostaff.  We're always looking for motivated people who want to share their hunting and fishing knowledge, stories, pictures, and videos with the world.   Email us today at willowpineoutdoors@gmail.com or shoot us a message on Facebook to receive an application.

No comments:

Post a Comment