Most Recent Radio Show

Tuesday, December 5, 2017

Welcome Kurtis Rinker to the Willowpine Outdoors Prostaff!


We're excited to announce Kurtis Rinker of Blackford County, IN has joined the Willowpine Outdoors Prostaff! 


Name: Kurtis Rinker
Location: Blackford County, IN
Favorite Critter to Hunt: Whitetail Deer
Favorite Fish to Catch: Largemouth Bass

What is your favorite thing about hunting or fishing?

My favorite thing about hunting and fishing is being out in nature and enjoying the freedom it brings. 

What was your best day in the field hunting or fishing?

My very best day in the field came on Halloween​ ​2017. I​ ​told​ ​my​ ​girlfriend​ ​i​ ​was​ ​going​ ​hunting​ ​instead​ ​of​ ​taking​ the ​kids​ ​trick or​ ​treating.​ She​ ​asked​ "​why would I skip trick or treating​​?" I confidently said "because I'm going to shoot a monster." Sure enough I harvested my biggest buck to date with a
bow and arrow. 

Tell us about how you started in the outdoors, and why do you maintain the lifestyle... 

It ​all​ ​started​ ​with​ ​one of my Dad's good friends, Gene Watterson. He was kind enough to take​ ​me out​ ​hunting with him​ ​when I was young.​ ​Gene loaned ​me​ ​a gun​ ​and​ ​provided​ ​me​ ​with​ ​land​ ​to​ ​hunt, he​ ​even​ ​set​ ​us​ ​up​ ​and​ ​made​ ​sure​ ​we​ ​were ready​ ​and​ ​safe.​ ​I​ ​never​ ​succeeded​ ​when I was young, but the passion was born as I tried and tried.​ ​Gene​ ​passed away​ ​and​ ​left​ ​me​ with ​permission​ ​to​ ​hunt​ ​his​ ​land​. ​Shortly after he passed, my success began and I started harvesting ​deer​ ​year after ​year. Since then I've learned the practice of land and herd management, and I've applied that knowledge on the land Gene left me to hunt. I absolutely love​ ​this​ ​lifestyle,​ ​it​ ​keeps me​ ​​active​ ​and​ ​busy​, and reminds me of how thankful I am to Gene. I ​hope​ ​to​ ​pass my​ ​knowledge​ ​down​ ​to​ ​my​ ​kids​ ​as​ ​Gene​ ​did​ ​to​ ​me. Hopefully next year, I'll get a chance at another big buck!

Connect with Kurtis on Facebook!

Also check out the Willowpine Outdoors & Tackle Co. Facebook page for updates from Kurtis and other WPO prostaff members! 

Willowpine Outdoors & Tackle Company is excited to welcome Kurtis Rinker to the team!  We wish him many successes in the field and on the water!

If you love hunting and fishing as much as we do, and have an interest in being part of a fast growing company committed to outdoor sports, take a minute to fill out an application to join our prostaff.  We're always looking for motivated people who want to share their hunting and fishing knowledge, stories, pictures, and videos with the world.   Email us today at willowpineoutdoors@gmail.com or shoot us a message on Facebook to receive an application.

No comments:

Post a Comment