Most Recent Radio Show

Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Welcome Keith Johnson to the Willowpine Outdoors & Tackle Co. Prostaff!


We're excited to announce Keith Johnson of Brownsburg, IN has joined the Willowpine Outdoors Prostaff! 

Name: Keith Johnson
Location: Brownsburg, IN
Position: Willowpine Outdoors Pro-Staff 
Favorite Critter to Hunt: Walleye
Favorite Fish to Catch: Largemouth and Smallmouth Bass


What is your favorite thing about hunting and fishing? 

I really enjoy fishing because it allows me to get away from the daily grind. I find it absolutely the most relaxing and almost therapeutic time I could have. The adrenaline rush of hooking into a nice fish compares to nothing else for me.   

What was your best day in the field hunting or fishing?


The best day on the water would have to be back in high school. I had the itch to get out, so I headed for a private lake that I had grown up fishing. I was working a scum frog around the spillway. I ran through a patch of thick algae, and BAM, the biggest blow up I'd ever seen. I pulled it in along with a pound of algae and there sat a 4lb largemouth that had inhaled my frog. A mind etching day with a personal best for me at that time growing up. 

Tell us about how you started in the outdoors, and why do you maintain the lifestyle... 

I grew up fishing with my Dad and Grandpa.  I learned most everything I know about the sport of fishing from them. I had a rod in my hand from time I was about 3 years old and have been "hooked" ever since. My Dad always stressed the quality and value of time spent fishing and placed little emphasis on the number and size of the fish caught.

I believe fishing played a big part of my childhood, and it taught me many life lessons along the way. With kids of my own, I'm always looking to share my passion with them, and give them a reason to put electronics down, and pick up a rod and reel.

Connect with Keith on Facebook!

Also check out the Willowpine Outdoors & Tackle Co. Facebook page for updates from Keith and other WPO prostaff members! 


Willowpine Outdoors & Tackle Company is excited to welcome Keith Johnson to the team!  We wish him many successes in the field and on the water!

If you love hunting and fishing as much as we do, and have an interest in being part of a fast growing company committed to outdoor sports, take a minute to fill out an application to join our prostaff.  We're always looking for motivated people who want to share their hunting and fishing knowledge, stories, pictures, and videos with the world.   Email us today at willowpineoutdoors@gmail.com or shoot us a message on Facebook to receive an application.

No comments:

Post a Comment