Most Recent Radio Show

Thursday, May 22, 2014

Willowpine Outdoors Prostaff Spotlight - Carl Etienne


We're excited to spotlight our good friend Carl Etienne of the Willowpine Outdoors Prostaff! 

Name: Carl Etienne

Location: Brownsburg, IN
Position: Willowpine Outdoors Pro-Staff (Deer, Turkey, Raccoon, Trapping)
Organizations You Belong To: American Black & Tan Coonhound Association
Favorite Critter to Hunt: Turkey
Favorite Critter to Trap: Beaver
Favorite Type of Deer Call: Primos Buck Roar
Favorite Camo Company: Rocky Scent IQ
What Brand of Gun do you Prefer: Remington
What Kind of Bow do you Shoot: Diamond Rock 2.0

What is your favorite thing about hunting and fishing? 
The quality time spent with family and friends while observing mother nature at it’s finest.


Tell us about your best days in the field for hunting and fishing....

Deer: I had a great season and saw a lot of good big buck action, when opening day of shotgun came around I went out with my dad.  He harvested a nice big 10 point in the morning.  That afternoon I harvested a 210 pound 8 point buck.  It was awesome that we doubled up that day.


Turkey:  My favorite turkey hunt is when I took my wife out with me and harvested my first bird, a 22 pound tom, within 30 minutes. 
How'd you get started in the outdoors, and why do you maintain the lifestyle?
I grew up watching my dad go out with his friends, and I remember always wanted to go with them.  I started out small by going mushroom hunting at the age of 6 or 7.  When I was 8 years old my Dad took me out deer hunting, while we were out we saw a little fork buck,  at the time I thought that was the biggest buck ever!  Since that day I started exploring every aspect of hunting and even trapping.  I continue to learn something new each time I go out, and I enjoy every minute of being outdoors, even if I am not successful.  The reason why I continue to do this is because I cannot wait to continue the excitement I feel for the outdoors with my son. 

Check out Carl on  Facebook.


No comments:

Post a Comment