Most Recent Radio Show

Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Welcome Eli Eccles to Willowpine!



























We're excited to announce long time supporter and friend Eli Eccles has joined the Willowpine Outdoors Prostaff! 


Name: Eli Eccles
Location: Ellettsville, IN
Position: Willowpine Outdoors Pro-Staff (Deer, Turkey, Fishing)
Favorite Critter to Hunt: Whitetail Deer (morels are my favorite thing to hunt)
Favorite Fish to Catch: Bluegills/Smallies
Outdoor Organizations You Belong To: Indiana Smallmouth Alliance
Favorite Camo Company: Realtree
Favorite Treestand Company: Summit
What Brand of Gun do you Prefer: Remington
What Kind of Bow do you Shoot: Mathew Heli-m
What Brand of Rod do you Prefer: Ugly Stik
What Brand of Reel do you Prefer: Pflueger
What is your go-to Lure while fishing? Tubes for smallies and live bait for bluegills.

What is your favorite thing about hunting and fishing? 
It is always an adventure.  You never know what you might see in the woods or on the water. It is a chance to get out and enjoy nature.  It is also a chance to learn something new. 

Eli's First Buck
Tell us about your best days in the field for deer and turkey....
Last year my wife joined me on opening day of turkey season.  We went out for the afternoon and within a half an hour we had two jakes come to the decoys.  Normally I would pass on a young bird, but with my wife along I decided to take the shot so we could share the experience together.  

Last November 3rd I shot my first buck in the woods behind my grandma’s house.  Her property is only about three acres and half of that is wooded.  Being able to take my first buck at my grandma’s was a special moment for me.  It was also the first deer I had shot with my Mathews.

Tell us about your best days in the field while Fishing....
I’ve had a number of good days fishing, but the one that sticks out was March 18, 2012.  My father-in-law and I went to his buddy’s house and had a banner day catching bluegill, crappie and bass.  We took the fish home and had quite the fish fry.  I knew it was a good day for us both when my f-i-l called me out of the blue the next day to say how good the day was. 

A paragraph or two about how you started in the outdoors, and why you maintain the lifestyle... 

I fished here and there growing up, but never took it seriously.  After I met my wife her father got me back into fishing, but mostly farm ponds. I have since branched out to fishing creeks and bigger bodies of water.  My father-in-law is also the one who got me into hunting.  He took me on a turkey hunt, and later deer hunting and my passion grew from there. 

I live the outdoor lifestyle because it allows me to connect with nature and provide food for my family.  I enjoy that I can continually learn in an effort to outsmart the fish, deer, turkeys, ducks, etc.  Each day out is a new adventure and a new chance to learn.  

Check out Eli on  Facebook or follow him on Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment